I was not really happy- Bongani on leaving Skeem Saam


Skeem Saam actor Bongani Masondo has officially left the show. Bongani left the show due to pay disputes with the show. Bongani who plays Mangaliso wanted a salary increase and the show wasn’t able to meet his requirements.
“As with all our actors, we sat down with Bongani’s agent to discuss a renewal of his contract. Our offer came with an increase. His representative told us about Bongani’s new salary demands and it was a figure that was too great for us to afford. We tried to negotiate but at the end of the day he decided to leave the show,” Skeem Saam spokesperson Percy Vilakazi told TshisaLive.
Bongani said he left the show because he feels that he was working hard and he wasn’t rewarded as he would like.
“A lot of things have been happening in the past season and I was not really happy. My character was featured in almost every part of the storyline and I didn’t complain about that. When we had to talk about renewing contracts at the end of the season in March, I asked my agent to negotiate a higher salary, they (the producers) refused,” Bongani said.
Bongani has been on the show since its started.

No comments